Monday, November 18, 2013

The Lion's Den

They say, "There are plenty other fish in the sea."
I say, "Fuck you, she was my sea."
-J. Faulkner
 
 
 
The best foot forward
on the edge of a sliding cliff.
"I can hold you", she whispered.
"I can hold you better", I scream.
 
We all do, what we can,
and hope that the "best" is exactly that.
"I know you can do this", I sighed, hoping she would listen.
"I can't", she knew I was ignoring, all of it.
 
 
All the choices in the world
never means it will be enough.
"I gave this all to you so quickly", she wrote on a note and slid it across the table.
"I think you underestimate my pain threshold", I crumpled it, and threw it away.
 
Walking through the desert
was supposed to be easier.
"Come here, hold my hand", I reached out to my side.
"................", she said nothing, because she was no longer there.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment