Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's Nothing, but the Truth

   Last night was rough. I don't know why or what got into my head, but I felt unbelieveably small in my skin. I have a great life. I'm actually feeling healthy, both mentally, and physically. I'm not drinking as much, not smoking as much, and getting good sleep. I'm painting and reading more. the relationship with my son has grown tighter, and healthier. So, what is going on with me. It all seems perfect, or going in the right direction?
   I laid there staring at the ceiling constellations. Thinking over my last few months. Thinking about how I ended up to be, where I am now. I smoked a cigarette, and looked haphazardly at the novel "Ishmael" laying on my end table. I wondered how many people I have come across today with smiling faces, and insides twisted in knots?


1 comment:

  1. Smiling faces and insides twisted in knots...
    I do this often.

    ReplyDelete