Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I Stopped Twice, and Never Saw it Coming.

   Weekends come and go, and sometimes as fast as their counterpart. This was one of those. An influx of great aspirations, mixed with the idealism of action, made for strange badfellows. Mix together car crashes, teenage lies, indoor picnics, surprise boyfriend visits, crying women, garage sales, dog shaving, listensing to the song "Sara Smiles" a few too many times, and sombreros. Yes, sombreros.
   I wonder if people think that I should listen to myself more often. Yet, if they could hear what I say, deep inside, they would ignore me too. Soon, very soon, the time will come for me to make that great trek. That cleansing of the soul. The sweet moment in time where I walk away from them all. I do smilingly refer to it as, "The Great Cleansing". Motivation has eluded me as to why I choose to wash away the acquaintances that have gathered around me every couple years. Trust me, it is not a form of social conceit. It's just cyclical.
   Hearing the same comedy, the same tragedy, can become overwhelmingly mundane. I don't mind, glee, sadness, gloating, sarcasm, self deprecation, etc., surrounding me. I just hate the same forms of it. It becomes predictable. Boring. The same person making the same joke about themselves, or others, becomes.......un evolved.
   Yes, I am sick of you right now. Can you tell?

 
 
 
P.S. Yes, this post is ADHD. 




No comments:

Post a Comment