Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Only Problem with Jumping off a Tall Building, is Getting Lonely on the Way Down.

I am almost done with the book. It's a parable. The symbolism is bold, and transparnet. Hating books like this used to be my hobby. Classics, who needs them? Obvioulsy, I do. In the last weeks it has brought me solace. A warm respite that no living person could have. In fact, no living person has done much to supply me with reassurance. The normal has been an uphill battle. The mundane has turned stressful. Vacation provided only a moment for everything to turn upside down. Yet, I couldn't be more determined.
   "You are a broke bastard", she turned to me and said.
   "I know. I need another paycheck, soon."
   "That's not what I'm talking about", laying there, calmly said between inhaling cigarette smoke.
   "You're right.", I'm wearing it as a badge of courage. Feeling like my mind is in a hospital bed, and occasionally getting up to try and walk with invalid legs. I like it this way. I knew what she was talking about. I was just hoping that a sly deflection would work. It didn't. It also didn't stop her from following me to the kitchen, and running her hands down my chest.
   "It's ok, baby. That's why I like you." She looked up into my eyes. "Let's be honest. That's really why any woman likes you." Fuck. It's ok when you say it to yourself. It sounds completely different coming out of someone else's mouth.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment